Determine where and how you are going to store your helmet.
Temporarily Install your Helchock mount if you are going to use one.
Determine if your helmet will clear obstructions when placed in a docked position.
The Helchock works best if the weight is centered down. Meaning that if it is placed in the rear of the helmet the remaining forward weight of the helmet will act like a lever and might shear down. If this can be avoided this can be remedied by canting the receiving mount up or using the magnet docking shell. Follow Placement Instructions
Determine how you will position your helmet
The Helchock helmet system can support most helmets when properly placed. Placement on the helmet is key to having a safe drop free support. The placement of the helmet should determine how to helmet will be stowed. If there is too much weight forward from the Helchock, the extra weight acts as a lever amplifying the weight of the helmets pull. This may cause the helmet to rotate and dislodge magnetically from its stowed position. Refer to the image below for hanging direction.
Note - Lighter helmets may be able to hang in any direction make sure to test the position so that no light bumps will dislodge the helmet from its stowed position.
Placement A -
If the Helchock is placed in position “A” hang the helmet in this direction
Placement B –
If the Helchock is placed in Position B Hang the helmet in this direction
Follow installation instructions to install the Helchock on the helmet.
- First clean the helmet with soap and water, then wipe dry.
- Determine where you will place the Helchock.
- Wipe installation area clean with the provided alcohol wipe.
- Let dry.
- Remove 3m VHB tape backing and apply the Helchock in the desired location.
- Apply pressure for 5 minutes and let the tape rest 24 hours to provide maximum adhesion before you put into use.
- Repeat on all other helmets.